Monday 7 April 2014

Monday's Progress

Its Monday and Im already busy......

Today I'm posting about our Art Quilt QAL and the Triangle QAL progress.

We're already at week 6 of the "girl in the wind" art quilt.... wow, time just flies when you're having to do everything at once. LOL!!

Here's my block and a little on how it got there...

 I made all my segments first and then joined them up into two big pieces.



Here you can see the block completed.


This block does not get joined to any other block just yet, so keep it one side until the next block which will go beneath it and join up to it.






Here are all my blocks still stuck with press stick to the cupboard doors. When you stand back and get a good look, you can already see the movement in the hair starting to form.

Not too long and we will be done with this one...

How far are all of you with your blocks??




Next up on the progress report is my Triangle QAL - (its over at Sassy Quilter) - button on sidebar...



 These are some of the fabrics I started out with - I wanted something in purples and blues. I later had to go back and get a few more because everything started to look too dark.

Then it was the cutting, cutting, cutting .....





 I wanted to just do something with random colours anywhere, and that turned into a bit of a nightmare for me. I never really realised that I would struggle to just let things flow.

With that said, I've only done 2 finished rows and started with the 3rd.
I'm hoping between the housework and the workmen, I'll get a few more done this week ....

Last night the geyser went on the fritz and when we woke up the bathroom and passage were under water.  WTF!!!


 Anyway, that's it for now, hope you're all having a better day!



4 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm totally caught up! I like the idea of one block a week ~ no stress.
you can definitely see it taking shape! would love to see others work too.

Vera said...

Your triangles are looking good. I'm getting nervous about going random, lol.

Abby@ ColorBarQuilts said...

I am really behind just did block A today. Hoping to catch up over the next week.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your Girl in the Wind is really coming along and love the colors for your Triangle QAL. Sorry to hear about the water problem..... Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday