Monday 14 July 2014

Portrait Art Quilts

At Last! At Last - I've finished all the piecing and instructions for my Portrait 3 Pattern...

This one is on the Intermediate level and has a fabric and colour guide in the instructions too.

 Portrait 3 - Lost in thought

This art quilt Portrait measures 20" x 24" (52 x 62cm). Paper piecing like this offers a 'more structured' feel to doing art quilts but still gives that feeling of making something artsy...
Once done, you can do FMQ onto the face and the negative spaces.

Others in the Portrait Quilts theme are:

Portrait 1 - Monotone Portrait

Portrait 2 - African Woman
 
 Portrait 4 - Face in the Mirror

This cute little girl looking into the mirror is still under construction....
Should be finishing the pattern up by the end of July.
All the others are in my Craftsy Shop


A Penny Saved...

... is a penny I can use on quilting supplies! Val over at Val's Quilting Studio is hosting a spare change challenge and I've decided to participate. The rules are simple: designate something to be your piggy bank or spare bottle, decide what you want to buy, and start saving! Once I get a big enough bottle, I will take a photo for the blog...

I've decided to save for some Online Fabrics! Maybe from Japan....  - that for me is a big thing....
How about you, want to penny-pinch with me?

Last thing:

Tomorrow will be my turn in the College Hop so be sure to check out what block I made....
Blocks are free! not all are paper pieced...

'Til then




Follow on Bloglovin



https://www.facebook.com/QuiltArtDesigns







2 comments:

Vera said...

Nice. Are you going to make it yourself? I would like to see it in fabrics :)

Catherine said...

Wow, all that piecing- amazing! I have only attempted one or two very simple designs so far but I love the technique. Your designs in the sidebar have caught my eye so I'll be visiting your Etsy shop when I need another project. Particularly like the sunflower. Visiting via Sew Cute Tuesday