Tuesday 19 August 2014

Birds, birds, birds.....

This morning I was woken up by the sound of hammering on the trees outside my windows - it was a Crested Barbet. So small and so noisy.....The sounds of Spring.... wonderful!

The Weaver birds are out in full swing now, and you can hear them fighting and chatting in the branches. One is building a nest in the bottlebrush tree. Shame, I hope the wife likes it - I've seen what happens if she feels its not up to scratch.

My theme on Beautiful Birds is coming along nicely - it's up to 6 birds - or 7 if you count the Pelican as well. Now I just need to finish writing each of their instructions for their patterns.
These beauties will be 10" (25cm) and are on the Intermediate level.


I even turned the Weaver bird into a postcard that I mailed to a friend.



That's Tuesday!


Follow on Bloglovin



7 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love your bird series. I grew up in Arizona and the Quail is perfect! (I saw your Pelly pattern too!)

Louisette said...

Lovely series birds, greeting from Belgium

Alexandra said...

Hallo Janeen,
the birds are lovely. A great pattern. Your postcard ist wonderful.
Greetings from Germany
Alexandra

Terri said...

Love your birds! They are different and more interesting than ours here in CA, U.S.A.
Hugs

Unknown said...

I am currently obsessed with paper pieced birds since I added them to my feather quilt. Yours are gorgeous- just a little advanced for me. (I have issues with the small pieces)

Carolyn said...

I am the friend who received your gorgeous postcard! It is absolutely stunning Janeen, thank you so much and I'm so pleased that you have joined our fabric postcard swap group. I am about to make your Pepsi pattern for my daughter who also has a Jack Russell named Jenny!

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

Those birds are absolutely gorgeous!
Carol