Friday 8 August 2014

Paper Piecing Party!

Today's lovely finish I have to show you all is a postcard I made ...

and now it needs to fly off to Harrismith to its new owner...


These Weaver Birds are in the trees outside my window and they make a huge fuss with their singing and their fighting. They're all looking for the best spot to begin their nest building.  I know when I hear them outside that Spring cannot be far off. Thank Heavens!

My postcard measures 4 x 6" (10 x 15cm). Usually I just make an edge with the back fabric folded over to the front, but this time I tried something new and made a satin stitch edge all around the card. Still not sure about it....



The pattern for this Weaver Bird is 10" (25cm) and is on the Easy Intermediate Level.
All patterns are available in my Craftsy Shop.

Now on with our Friday's are for Paper Piecing Link-Up Party:

Visit other links and leave a nice comment too - Thanks!

Winner announced on Monday...




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow bird that you made-and for a postcard too. Who is the lucky recipient?

Ruth

Jayne said...

Paper piecing is so fun! Your yellow bird is amazing!

Lisa J. said...

It's a great little pattern. I like the curved branch. The background fabric you used in the postcard makes your bird look like it is sitting in a leafy tree.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Whoa, this are some small pieces! Beautiful work, Janeen! I like the satin stitch edge!

Christine S said...

Very pretty! I really admire those of you that can make such small pieces look so pretty!

Newbie Jen said...

lovely!

Vera said...

Good to see you have some PP maniacs to party with :)