These have a bit of a 'batik' look and feel to them and I sat looking at them for quite a while wondering which pattern to try out that would make these fabrics really stand out.
I first quilted lines onto the entire thing and even added the sun and shine onto the lake.
I cut out a tree shape to start the foreground, but I was not happy with this.
I even looked up a few other quilts of sunsets and decided that this was the road most travelled, so I had to find some other way.
Here you can see that on the bottom edge of each strip it wasn't sewn to the strip just above it.
I wanted the fabrics to start a little fraying on those edges - because there is method in the madness....
I decided to rather have branches coming from left and right and add a silhouette of a bird.
This photo is so small (who knows what happened)
and when I want to enlarge it, it goes all fuzzy.....
Anyway, you get the idea... I also added a strip of black to the ground area.
The edges of the strips are coming along nicely....
And here we have the finished Art Quilt - it measures 20 x 25"
This is called - "Long day unraveling"