Wednesday 2 October 2013

WIP Wednesday

This week I decided to make a few "paintings". I haven't painted for so long that I think my hands may have forgotten how.  I think the reason why I love paper piecing so much is that it reminds me of a painted picture. It's creative and like painting with fabrics.

These 6 blocks are called 'Abstract nature' and remind me of all the places I've seen here in SA. The simplicity and ruggedness of nature.

Each of the blocks are 12" (30cm) and are easy enough for a beginner with paper piecing know how to make. There are no small pieces in any of the designs. I've coloured them all in with solid colours but you are welcome to make them just as you wish. I didn't want the blocks to be too difficult to make.




Abstract Beach
12" (30cm)




Abstract Bush
12" (30cm)




Abstract fields
12" (30cm)




Abstract Lavender fields at sunset
12" (30cm)



 Abstract tree
12" (30cm)
















Abstract Mountain lake reflection
12" (30cm)

All Patterns are available on my Craftsy shop.


 E-Book Drive for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

http://quiltartdesigns.blogspot.com/2013/09/e-book-drive.html

Thank you


No comments: