I haven't been feeling very lovely lately, so I'm really taking things a lot slower. I decided that I wanted to make more of the patterns that I design.
(sneezing and coughing)
I thought the Girl in the Wind pattern would make a great Christmas Present for someone, and I took photos of the process that I use to make the 'block'. A bit of a tutorial if you know what I mean.
(more sneezing and coughing)
This pattern is for a wall hanging or centre piece of a quilt. It measures 16" x 22" (40 x 55cm).
After cutting out the pattern pieces and joining the pieces that were cut in two by the printing process, I lay everything out like a giant puzzle so that I can get a good visual of what needs to be done. I divided the sections into 3 so that I know what basically goes with what and where I need to make a start.
The picture and the numbering chart are put up in front of me so that I can constantly refer to what colour and what position the piece has in the overall picture.
I get out all the colour fabrics I've decided on and cut some into strips of 2 and 3" wide. These strips are for the small pieces and only when I need a larger piece for the background did I have to measure and cut the fabric.
I wanted a "greek" feel to the piece, so I'm making her skin a more bronzed colour and the background to be a blue-gray colour for the sky.
On each of the pieces I write with a pen which colour goes where so that I'm not constantly running back and foward to the charts.
This is the first 1/3 of the block. No too bad. In the close-up of her face - I love the fabric in the hair. It looks like she has curls. When all is done, I want to so some quilting in the background with swirls to look like the wind.
(sneezing......oh, for pete's sake - I'm going back to bed)
I'll post more when it gets done.......