Thursday 6 February 2014

Half-Square One Block Quilt

I wasn't planning on doing anything big and new at the moment, but when this new "gift" presented itself, OF COURSE I had to jump right on in....

A while ago I decided to become an affiliate with Craftsy - they've been really good to me, so I was going to do something nice for them too. And then...... they sent me a gift certificate for any class I wanted - how cool is that!!!

I decided to go with the  "Dot-to-Dot Quilting with Angela Walters" - because I need all the help I can get - really!
Have a look right here:

Angela Walters: Dot to Dot Quilting (Quilting) 
 
Today I've chosen the fabrics - Fossil Fern by Bernatex (also available at Craftsy) and I've done my cutting and sewing the half-squares ready for assembly. I actually feel really excited to learn this. My quilting skills are really beginner level. The instructions that came with the class are really easy to follow - thank heavens.....



This is the link to check out Craftsy's Affiliate Programme for yourself:
http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=29190&SSAID=905283


2 comments:

Lynn said...

Fossil fern is such a great and versatile fabric and half squares a great pairing with their so varied results. Looks like a great beginning, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

pretty fabric. can't wait to see its transformation!

Thanks for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation