Thursday 15 May 2014

Pixel Quilt

I'm making a modern design quilt for my daughter. It's a lap quilt that she wants for keeping her legs warm as she works at her desk. The days are getting colder now.

This was my inspiration photo:

This year's colour of the year is this bright pink, so I'm going a little brights crazy.

This woven block will be one of the smaller focus points in the overall big picture. I also have a larger one, so I'll see what I need to do when it gets to that point.








This is the design that I've made -  it looks like a real close-up of pixels in a photo.

If you squint your eyes you will see the top inspiration photo in my design.
No, you really have to squint your eyes......


LOL!





I've even found the correct colours of fabrics:


 I'll probably do it over the week-end.

Have a good Thursday!




3 comments:

Vera said...

Cool. Have fun! I like pixelated quilts but haven't got into stage of sewing 1" squares. This looks like good alternative.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

It's going to be lovely :)

Jeneta said...

Haha - you're so funny! I like it.