Wednesday 21 May 2014

WIP Wednesday

The other day I started on a lap-quilt for my daughter while also using the 'experience' to photograph and document my every move for a new tutorial for beginners.

We started out with our inspiration photo and colour ideas:




















Then we made up our design


Bought our fabrics and done some cutting


The "focus" blocks were made



The sewing and joining were done


and now I find that the piece of batting I have is not big enough .......

so for now the top is done, but we need another trip to the fabric factory


This quilt top measures 130cm (50")

Have a great Wednesday!

Follow on Bloglovin


4 comments:

Vera said...

Cool. I bet it is not easy to catch those colors right :-) I'm a fan of these colors btw.

Lorna McMahon said...

What a fabulous idea to document the process. Love the design you came up with. Especially love that woven block. Adds a lot of interest!

Jacqui S. said...

Have a good Thursday! I like the colour combinations of the quilt; and also your 'Pepsi' design.

Iris said...

I love the way you documented the proces, very insightful. Great design that is one lucky lady.