Monday 21 July 2014

Pixel Art Quilt

This week I've decided to make a Pixel Art Quilt - the easy way...

I've been so inspired by Vera from Negligent Style to make my own pixel quilt with little blocks...
I even watched the mini-class from Craftsy on how to make Pixel Picture Quilts. Interesting. Loads of spreadsheets and maths. Phew! 

I've also seen how to do it the 'easy' way and not sew every little block into strips and then ...
No, I'm going down the iron them onto a grid of interfacing road.... Yaay! quick and easy.

Here's my starting point:


It looks a little fuzzy because its already been taken down in pixels 

 This is after I've worked out the colours and placement

I divided the whole thing up into 6 blocks and made a detailed pattern. So each day I'm going to be able to make 1 block. Not even too much on the work front.

The pattern for the "Eyes Pixel Art Quilt" is on Craftsy if anyone would like to also give this one a go along-side with me...

The size is 30" x 20" (50cm x 75cm) and is Straight sewing - easy all the way...

I'm going to post my progress this whole week. My deadline for the finished top is for FRIDAY!

Have a good Monday!




2 comments:

Grit said...

It looks sensational and I wondered whether I visit this class.
Greetings Grit

Vera said...

Cool! I have that class in line-up. I look forward to see your progress.