Monday 25 August 2014

Monday's News...

Today we will be discussing our Week 2 Block from our Quiet Landscape QAL


After sewing up each of the segments, I like to place them onto the work surface facing me, so that I get a better idea of what I'm doing. The mirrored pieces sometimes get you all confused...

Then I turn them all back to the paper side and start to join the segments together following the instruction sheet.




 I decided to try a few more printed fabrics with this art quilt. Usually I'm such a solids kind of gal but this seems to be working out okay for me this time.  I love the stained glass window effect on those windows.......








 This is our block finished. You will notice that the instructions needed to include the small corner of AT to AR as well.
We don't join it up to anything else just yet. Once we are finished with Week 3 they will all be joined together making a nice large square.




Here we have the pieces on the design wall. I've just pinned them on for now, and as soon as we do another, they will all be about just less than half of the top half of the quilt.

Wow, did that make sense...













*******************************
Today also sees our Friday pattern winner from the Paper Piecing Party - Link #9

Congrats! you get to choose a pattern from my Craftsy shop (up to $5) and let me know where to send it.....
Thank you to all who linked something up - I love them all! Seriously, they are fabulous!

*************************
August Newsletter that goes out with the Paper Piecing Magazine is going out today...

September is going to see something different and also a new free pattern...
Get your name on the list.... Newsletter signup on Home Page...

(you will need to confirm your email address before your name can be added)

************************ 
That's Monday! 
Have a great day...



No comments: