Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Honey Bee Week #2

 HI!
Its Week #2 of our
Honey Bee Art Quilt
 





Lets get started.....
This week we put section #2 together which is the Queen Bee legs and body.








I taped together the large pieces with their corresponding numbers and then arranged them out on my desk.
I like to do this because I can then see the sections that need to get joined together




I write onto each little piece the number or the name of the colour fabric Im going to be using.
Please remember to match up colours - The wand in the queen's hand needs to be the same as the piece 1 pieces and not like mine...
Not a train smash - things like this can get fixed with FMQ later on. I only noticed it once everything was joined, so I decided to leave it. 




This is our Week 2 pattern pieces joined together.
I gave my Queen some cute bee shoes..... just because...

 This piece really didn't take long to put together.
If there are some ladies wanting to still join in - then go for it - there isn't a lot to catch up on...



You can go ahead and join week 1 and week 2 together. Make sure to match up the body and wings.



SOOOO CUTE!!


She is just so darn cute. I'm sorry I didn't add eyelashes to the pattern now. No worries. You can add some with FMQ. If you are going to do a lot of sewing over the top in one place, then remember to iron a piece of interfacing to the back. It will stabilize the section.

I hope you all have loads of fun sewing this Art Quilt together.

If you would still like to join us then -
Honey Bees Info HERE

********************************

 Thanks for stopping by!









2 comments:

Sew Surprising said...

Id say she is the " bees knees" hahahahah

Barbie Chiu said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for inspiring us. Keep it up and continue on what your doing. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com