Wednesday 18 May 2016

Lighthouse QAL Week 7&8




Hello!




Today Im doing the last 2 weeks of the Quilt A Long on the Lighthouse.

Im going to be doing Week 7 & 8








This is Week 7 pattern piece

Only once I had finished the whole thing, I realized that I didn't take any photos of the process....


I made the top of the lighthouse first and then the middle and small bits of the rocks and sewed the two together.

At some point I pricked my finger with a pin and I didn't notice I must have got a drop of blood on my blue fabric.

 )(^)(&*^&*(&**!!







I heard somewhere that you need to use your saliva to get it out and not water because it will leave a mark. Okay, I know.... its not pretty, but that's what I did and after it dried - gone! Apparently its the enzymes in your saliva that will break down the blood.
Now you also know...

 This is our Week 8 Pattern pieces.
Not a real ton of work - so that's why it's going to be sent out with Week 7


This is really quick and easy and its done!! Then to just sew the two weeks (7 &8) together


Now all that's left is to sew the lighthouse in place and then sew the two halves of the Art Quilt together.


Boom and we're done!! Fantastic, now all that remains is pulling all that paper out.
I don't even mind that part - gives me time to think about things.....
Hopefully by the week-end I can have the quilt sandwich together and ready to do something to the top - still not sure what tho'


I hope you have also all enjoyed sewing your Lighthouse Art Quilt...



**********************

Have a Great Day!








2 comments:

Yvonne said...

This looks absolutely brilliant, like a picture!

Sew Surprising said...

I really think this is stunning, from the pattern to fabric choices, you have created yet another piece of art :)