Tuesday 22 November 2016

Trees, Trees and a surprise

 Hi there

Ive been busy with my Geometric Trees, so this week the plan is to finish it.... not sure if that's wishful thinking yet... we'll see.


The plan here is to use up a lot of the red and green fabric scraps I have and see what the end result is... I usually can't do 'random' very well, but this time I'm not even looking at the fabric and colour chart. If the little colour box on the pattern section shows red, I have to just grab something red and same with the green. So far so good...








This is about a 1/3 of the way done, and now Im wondering if the tree fabrics should rather have been done in solids....


I'll have to wait until the other pieces are done to find out.














I've also been throwing ideas around for the BOM for next year....
This is the Wild Babies idea...



Is there something you would like to see done as the BOM? Let me know your ideas... Thanks



Have a Great Day!




14 comments:

Lisa England said...

Oh, that giraffe is super cute! A big yes for anything with animals and/or birds. I love your Forest Chums as well, something like that would be a BOM I would enjoy. Flowers and trees are good too.

Unknown said...

Love the baby animal ideal.

Trish said...

Baby animals is a great idea!

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, this little giraffe is so adorable. Yes wild babies would be so fun. I can see them on baby things.

Your trees are looking interesting so far. cant wait to see the finished forest. I start by not looking at the fabrics I grab, but it quickly becomes "this one looks good next to this one" or "nope those two do not look good together" LOL I am funny.

Have fun.
quilting lady 2 at Comcast dot net

Yvonne said...

I love your baby animals idea. The giraffe is so cute.

Tammy said...

I would love Wild Babies

Diana said...

Love, Love, Love that Giraffe!! Animals, and birds, insects you are so talented, can't wait to see what you decide! Thank you for your great patterns.

Anonymous said...

I think the trees in print fabrics are great! It adds interest. What a super wall hanging that is becoming. The baby giraffe is adorable.

BrendaM said...

Wild Babies sounds like a fun BoM.

Joan W. said...

I think you baby animal idea look like fun

theresa said...

what a wonderful idea love the giraffe

Judith said...

Dear Janeen
I will for sure follow and sew the wild animal babies.
But if once you have some time, what about reptiles? (snakes, lizards, crocs etc.) and insects?
Hugs from Switerland
Judith

thequiltedcat said...

Yes to the wild animal babies!!

Christine said...

I Love the idea of Wild Babies. It's so cute