Monday 14 May 2018

New String Quilt...


Hello there everyone

I was feeling so much better so I wanted to quickly say "Thanks" to everyone for the great wishes and the support. It all helps.
I was asked if I get the coffee gifts - yes, they send it all to my paypal acc. Thanks for the help. This wedding is really wearing me thin...

I was looking at a video about a woman sewing a watermelon placemat and I thought - that would be great with the String quilt combo's I've been making, so I sat all morning making this one...
I think it turned out great!.




Its just like the other string quilts with 8x8 blocks and rows and then the paper pieced bits in between.

This one measures 50" (128cm) because I was thinking it would make a great picnic blanket type of thing or maybe a table cloth for outside....



Its just called Watermelon and has a modern style going on with the secondary pattern of the blocks over the dresden pie shapes.

Another great one for using up scraps of fabric.




The sting quilt meets paper piecing is on the Easy Intermediate level. I think a beginner could even manage this one. I'm adding it to my Craftsy shop.

*** If you like what you're seeing and enjoying the patterns - would you please consider supporting me by buying me a coffee.... the link is also on the left side bar near the top....

Thanks so much!



*********************************


I've started a QA Designs Group  on Facebook where you are welcome to join and add any of your finished blocks made with the QADesigns patterns. I really love to see them all.
              
                          
 Quick link to my full Craftsy Shop <<<<<


(when you open the shop.... click on the right side 'sort by tab' and press NEWEST.... then everything will show up)







2 comments:

Robin said...

I really like this pattern. We eat a lot of watermelon. This will make either a wall hanging, mini quilt for the kitchen or ...we'll see. Thanks for the pattern and inspiration.

Joan W. said...

GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!