Wednesday 19 December 2018

Elephant Landscape wip


Hello everyone...

I wanted to show the progress I've been making with my Elephant Landscape
The pattern measures 55x16" (139x42cm)




The pattern is divided up into 4 sections and I always cut out everything, sort it into alphabetical order and start with section A.


Some of the pieces have been 'cut' into smaller pieces by the software so that it can print out onto a sheet of paper.






This is how I join my pieces -

I will find the corresponding number of the piece, cut off one of the glue edge sides and then stick it up onto the other glue edge with the same number and tape it. I try to cut off the black line by cutting 'just' next to it because it isn't a sewing line and sometimes confuses the issue. I used sellotape to show you how in the photos but I try to use a tape that is more paper based like washi tape because you can iron over it without it sticking.



Then it's time for the fun!!


This is how far I am at the moment. I have the other half and then I'll see if I want to make another landscape with Elephants or use different animals.


This is the link to the pattern in my Craftsy Shop.

Have a lovely day!

*********************************

I've started a QA Designs Group  on Facebook where you are welcome to join and add any of your finished blocks made with the QADesigns patterns. I really love to see them all.
              
                          
 Quick link to my full Craftsy Shop <<<<<


(when you open the shop.... click on the right side 'sort by tab' and press NEWEST.... then everything will show up)




7 comments:

Lisa England said...

Wow, it looks wonderful! What a great pattern.

CJ Jolly said...

Awesome!

Farm Quilter said...

Love the elephants!! That's some very intense paper piecing! What kind of paper do you use?

sandy said...

ils sont trop beaux ces éléphants !
bonnes fêtes de fin d'année

ForMomCrochet said...

It's amazing!!! Janeen...will any of your patterns be effected by any of the changes on Craftsy I keep hearing about? I hope not!! :-(

Unknown said...

Toll 👍

Unknown said...


Danke
Ich begeistert.👍Das wird ein großes Projekt.
MfG Nanny