Wednesday 11 December 2019

12 Days of Christmas


Hello everyone

I have rather sad news

I found out last night that a group on FaceBook (Dr Who Quilt) had added my Elves patterns as files to be downloaded by the group for free and were illegally distributing my PDF's.

This really breaks my heart. I feel like I was kicked in the stomach by a donkey.
They have 220 members - so that makes it $3 per pattern x 220 = $660 per day x 8days = $5280 that they have stolen from me.

I clearly stated on each day that they would be free via my google drive for 24hours and after that I would be selling them in my shop.

It was a closed group and I applied to join but was denied, so they knew it was wrong but done it anyway with the excuses that it fit into their theme of their group.
I never gave permission for any of it to be used in this way, not even as images with links to the shop that apparently were also there of other patterns.

I asked that it was removed via messenger and thankfully it was ( I have a spy in the group that told me and went to check up afterwards too )
Im just really surprised that others who also knew didn't tell me but watched it happen and were okay with that.


I think I'm going to call it a day with the free patterns for a while. It seems I get burned every time.



Thanks to everyone else for your participation and the kind words of encouragement.
 I really appreciate it.


Have a lovely day!

***********************************


Please Support/Donate at Ko-Fi  ( Thanks )







No comments: