Wednesday 16 October 2013

Forest Quilt

I spent the most part of the day putting my blocks together that I made for a QAL (Shape Moth).
 http://shape-moth.blogspot.de/2013/03/forest-qal-comming-soon.html

I've never had the inspiration to put them together, but after seeing Teje's quilt that won the QAL Competition, I dug mine out and now the top is done. Now to just finish it.....



The blocks I used were from all over (free ones, some that I bought). Together they are the wee ones that live in the forest.



Please spend some time looking at the E-Books and helping us with our E-Book Sales for Charity.
Thank you



If you have photo's of your finished QADesigns blocks you have made, please share them on the Flickr pool.










8 comments:

Paula said...

Lovely. I especially like the squirrel, fox and fawn. Also can I ask where the bear design is from as I would love to sew one for a project I am working on at the moment and it looks like the perfect design.

jednoiglec said...

It's so fun that you used blocks from our QAL in your wonderful quilt top!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Janeen the quilt is amazing! and I agree that Teje has sure inspired a bunch of folks lately. How wonderful to see this put together. Congratulations... Karen

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting said...

These are so fun! I especially love the squirrel, the baby deer, and the cardinal!

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

I love love love that forest block in the middle! thanks so much for linking up :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Augh....this one WAS/IS my favorite when I first saw it (Can't believe I didn't leave a previous comment! LOL!) I just like seeing all your PP come together in a quilt like this....so beautiful and would make the perfect wall hanging.

Vivian said...

Wow, a stunning set of blocks! And all paper pieced? You are a master of the techinque. Thanks for sharing this in the Archives linky!

Rebecca Grace said...

These blocks are gorgeous! Did you ever finish this quilt, or is it still in progress? I'm here from Val's Archives linky party. I really love your bird blocks, especially the one in the upper left corner, and how the center of the quilt is like a window looking into the forest.