Monday 6 October 2014

Monday's News!

Hello to everyone!

We are back from our quick trip and it was really good for the soul...
Some much needed rest and seeing so many amazing animals.

Here are a few of the photos we took. I dont have a good camera, so my daughter took these with her cell phone camera - can you believe it? (Good Grief they turned out really great!) - its the new Lumia from Nokia....

This group of Lions lying in the sun was really cool. Really close to the road. They blend in so well you have to struggle to find them sometimes.
 


 We saw loads of Elephants. Always a treat to see the babies... 


This old Buffalo was really holding up the traffic.


On our morning drive we saw this hippo in the road. Usually just see them in the rivers or on their "beach".


  These Hyenas were having a snooze at the side of the road. My husband kept shouting "Mufasa" at them to see if there was any reaction.....
We really had such a week of laughing - just what I needed!



The Rhino's were really scarce ......
Leopards we did see, but only through the binoculars


Wild Dogs also having a nap and a lovely Giraffe at the side of the road.

Lots of the southern part of the park was burned for the summer season so there was hardly anything to see there.

The days were very hot so after about 11H00 we just went to lie on our beds in the chalets. (38deg C)

Anyway, now its back to work! I will be on "catch up" this week so I'm hoping that by next week this time it will all be back on track.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our Paper Piecing Parties - I had my iPad with me so I could see what everyone was posting (that's when there was any signal). Really great! I will be sending you all a pattern I have been working on...











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are baaaack....

Thanks for the animal photos - I love seeing hippos and giraffes and buffalo (and owls), and, and, and....

Vera said...

Welcome back! Lovely pics and that is exactly why we call it exotic. We have to go to the ZOO to see those animals :)

Alexandra said...

Welcome!
The photos are very great. I love your elephant photo
Greetings
Alexandra