Wednesday 18 February 2015

WIP Wednesday

Hello to all of you.
What a busy week this has been. Not horrible, just busy...

First order of business:

Our Beginner BOM seems to have gone awry in the measurements ...... AAAARRGGGH!

The blocks need to measure 6.5" (16.5 cm)
Some of you have the faulty January block which measures 5.5" - its the conversion from cm to inches.... Makes me go nutsy sometimes and make stupid mistakes. Sorry!

The blocks that are in my Craftsy shop are both 6.5" so you can download a new pattern from there.
Option B: I will continue making 5.5" patterns as well and you will just choose the one you need. I will make it downloadable from the blog.  (Beg Bom Page)

You will have to change one of the months so that the points of your block designs are not lost when we finish the quilt and add a border or backing.

**********************************

Second order of business:

These are a few of my new designs for the magazine. I need some dedicated helpers to make the blocks while I make others and the Block of the Month blocks. I've only two hands left and all my others have somehow fallen off. I'm sure I had more.

Please let me know if you can help - only serious helpers please.... and if you really can and don't mind.... Thank you.... I really appreciate it. We have 4 and a 1/2 weeks to finish everything. Not that bad really.

Our colour scheme will be "Fresh Spring Feeling" and our theme is somewhat "whimsical".




Bird Stack - 10x12"  Mini quilt wall hanging











Song Birds - 14" Block - will make a great pillow or even a wall hanging.


Abstract Tree - 6 x 10" 

Need to make 9 of these either all the same and a different background or all different -  for a 3x3 mini quilt
measuring 18 x 30" without a border.


Sunglasses - 7 x 4.5"
Thinking of making a glasses pouch when done.




Ladybug Season
18" block
each block is 6.5"


















House in a shoe - 14" block



Night Lily - 12"Block

will need to make 4 of these for a mini wall hanging. 24" plus a border.





Coloured Finch - 10" block












The blocks need to be made and then photographed. Not Posted/Mailed - too much hassle.
The finished block will be fine. If you choose to make something out of it - even better.


The others I have covered. Email me and let me know if you feel you can complete something for me. (janeenvn (at) gmail (dot) com) Thanks.


Have a Great Wednesday!





9 comments:

Cathy said...

I adore your designs!!!! Just gorgeous. Do you just need help making the blocks or do you need them to be quilted and bound too?

Quilt Art Design said...

Just finished blocks and a really nice photo

ipatchandquilt said...

Hello Janeen,
Your design are really so fun! I hope you will find many new helpers!
Esther

beaquilter said...

would love to help, sent an email:)

Esther Aliu said...

What fun blocks, love them!

Anonymous said...

YAY for new blocks!

legato1958 said...

Totally awesome new batch of patterns , Janeen! They all look so fun!!
Susie

Kathleen said...

Love the stacked birds block! Makes me smile :)

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

Thanks for the correction on the beginner block of the month. I just download the correct ones off Craftsy. Lucky I am a late comer to the BOM so now I am really ready to start. I would love to do some testing for you in the near future when I get a little experience behind me. The testing projects are wonderful. You have inspired to try paper piecing again after I found the first time not interesting at all. Your work is fantastic.