Monday 29 February 2016

March Beginner Block (BoM)



Happy Leap Year!!
Today we are going to be doing our
Beginners Block of the Month

The block for March is:
  




Another cute and very easy block. This month we only have 1(one) block to make...
As a quilt on its own, this block is really great. In plain Taupe colours or bright fabrics, its really very striking.




As usual we begin by cutting out our templates, and arranging them out in front of you.
By doing this, you're training your eye to see the straight sewing lines you will follow to sew it all together.
Choose your fabrics, make a 'key' or code.
I cut my fabrics into strips, but you can cut yours into pieces that you will need for each of the templates. Really up to you.

I write onto my pieces (light, medium and dark) so that Im not going back and forward to the diagram all the time.
Again, up to you....

Then I start....
anywhere really.... and then I make all the template pieces before I join them together.

Here you can see all the pieces waiting for me to get them all done...

Not a lot of matching up of seams, but do look out for them.










This is the finished 10,5" block. I haven't ironed or trimmed mine yet (I needed to hurry up with the photos).
You can give yours a neat trim and a good press and its done!



These are the blocks we have so far.....

January - 1 block
Feb - 2 blocks
March - 1 block



I hope you enjoy sewing your Japanese styled blocks together.











The pattern is Free for March
 You can find both in my Craftsy shop.

There is a BOM page button on the right of the blog where you will find all the block of the month information. On each of these I will add the pattern with quick links too.




Thanks to everyone for joining up to the Friday Link...
I love to see what each of you has been busy with.

******************************
Have a Great Day!




No comments: