Wednesday 9 March 2016

Week #6 Honey Bees Quilt




We are already busy with Week #6 of our Art Quilt....

This week we don't have a too difficult piece to add, but....
the sticking together of all the pieces is a bit of a headache....

Ive even numbered the pieces on the side (inside the seam allowance) so that you get some idea of which piece goes where. The photo of the section all stuck together should give you a bit of a guide.

Just so you know - I have no control over how the software breaks up the pieces when it gets printed out as a pattern. It wasn't me.... for all those who send emails....
I sew the exact same pattern as you all do, so I have to sweat and curse the same as you all do too...

Okay, Now we can get going...



This week has 3 sections.
Just look at the nightmare of the larger piece.

Once the whole thing is done, you need to write the colour codes or choices onto each small piece.



The piece also felt too big and very clumsy when adding new fabric pieces, so I had to use a lot more pins to just secure the sections and make sure that everything was always lying down straight.





This is the piece before I joined the sections. Once that's done, you can join Week 5 little Bee to the rest of the branch as well.




And here we have our cute as a button  -  Week 5 & Week 6 all done and waiting for the rest.

** I want to be finished by the end of March with all of the Honey Bees, so next week I will be sending all of you Week 7 & Week 8 which makes up the Hive. This way we will be able to do the Week 10 piece on March 30th. Wonderful!!

I hope you enjoy putting your cute bees together too...


More Honey Bees Info HERE

********************************

 Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: