Wednesday 18 April 2018

Almost there....


Hi there everyone...



I've been so busy these past few days with preparations for my daughter's wedding. Sometimes its all the small things that seem to take all your time... but I must say we've been having a load of fun too...



The Farmhouse String Quilt is almost done....
I really have to be finished by the week-end..... I just don't have any more time for it than that... and I'm loving it, so I really can't leave it...



When we started - this was what we had. The idea for a string quilt, but with a 'picture' going on as well... and the Farmhouse was born...




This is my work in progress...

I've sewn all the rows together, but left a portion un-sewn on the rows where I will still attach the 6 blocks that make up the house and barn.



I'm really loving this project - I didn't even have to cut into a large piece of fabric. I have boxes with the scraps, so this was perfect for it.










The house and barn will be done in between everything going on here, plus the laundry....(rolling eyes...)

I love to see the pattern or the picture of something starting to form as I join the sections.


Here's a look at the finished top from Magdalena Alge from the UAE.
Its absolutely amazing! love it!

Each one of the quilts has such beautiful use of the scraps and strips.




I've started a QuiltArt Designs Group  on Facebook where you are welcome to join and add any of your finished blocks made with the QADesigns patterns. Please show us what you've made, I really love to see them all.



*********************************
                                        
 Quick link to my full Craftsy Shop <<<<<


(when you open the shop.... click on the right side 'sort by tab' and press NEWEST.... then everything will show up)





My Paypal Acc:  PayPal.Me/QuiltArtDesigns


1 comment:

Raewyn said...

Gosh I do love this quilt (as I love all of your designs!). Another one I'd love to make one day :-)