Monday 1 July 2019

Block of the Month - July




Hello everyone!
Its a new month, so its a new Block of the Month too

This time around we have a Hermit Crab - and although known by everyone, this weird little fellow fits the bill in our "Odd and Unusual" animal alphabet.


I've never really thought about the tail part of a Hermit Crab, I think I supposed it was like any other crab but just living in a shell..... until I googled the images of it without its shell. OH EEW! Its like a crab front and a prawn back end that curls around inside the shell. No joke - didn't know.

 The block measures 12" (31cm) and is on the Intermediate level

The test blocks were sewn up by Joan Wintersgill and Joanne Harris.
Thanks so much! I love them both!





You can get your Hermit Crab block in my Online Shop.
The Block of the Month has its own category.

I hope you have fun with this one too!

***********************************


Please Support/Donate at Ko-Fi  ( Thanks )









4 comments:

Ronelle said...

Thank you very much for the wonderful Hermit-crab block, Janeen. I do appreciate the shares from you very much.

Janet said...

Thank you! The hermit crab is quite cute. However, after your description, I will enjoy him with his shell on, lol.

Lori Smanski said...

this little guy is wonderful. he really does fit the odd and unusual. thanks

Caroline said...

Thank you, love Hermit Crabs!