Monday 20 July 2020

Block #19


Hello everyone!

Today we have another block for our
Gardener's Wife Quilt a Long

This week we're doing another gardening tool, so I've added a Wheelbarrow.
It looked so empty, so I added a few pots and bag of potting soil to it.

  The block measures 10x11"




I know it seems weird...... but

the whole image seemed so far up to the top of the block and the only way I can center it, is to add a 'border' to the top and then edit the lines.

So....
You finish your block and then cut off the extra fabric to make it 10" once again. 

Easy...





Our block was tested by Isabelle Engel of Germany. You can see she had to add a strip to her block to make it more centered. So that's why I had to change the size of the block so that it wouldn't have the extra line in it.  Thanks Isabelle, this was really Wonderful and I'm really grateful for all your help.

I love the funky look of the wheelbarrow fabrics. Its really a great change from the always dull colours you find in the garden tools.
 



You can find your Wheelbarrow block in my Online Shop in the Gardener's Wife category.

These blocks are so much fun and really quick and easy to sew.
Join us!


We also show our finished blocks on the 

Everyone would love to see your blocks too!


***********************************


My New Online Shop - www.quiltartdesign.com


No comments: