Monday 1 April 2019

April - Block of the Month


Hello everyone

It's already April and now it's time for another of our Amazing and odd animal blocks.
This month we have a Duiker or a Blue Duiker.


The coat is a grey blue colour on these tiny timid creatures. They have small pointed horns that I can't imagine are much use except to look cool. They have the worst over/under bite you've ever seen.

They're only around 30cm (12in) up to their shoulders in height and weigh around 4Kg. Something like a small dog. So when you've seen idiots going out and hunting these small things with huge rifles, it just breaks my heart. 


Our block is as usual 12" (31cm) and on the Intermediate level.
Our test block was sewn up by my good friend Joan Wintersgill of Texas. Isn't it gorgeous!

 

You can get your Free for the Month Blue Duiker in my shop

Next month we will be doing 2 blocks to be able to finish the 13 blocks for this year....

I hope you all have fun sewing this cute block.


Today is also the release of the New Issue of Paper Piecing 1/4" Dig. Magazine
You must check this one out! 
Fantastic Spring Flowers for you to sew.


Issue 21 is also in the shop.


Have a great day!

***********************************





6 comments:

Lisa England said...

Thanks for the pattern. I've never heard of this animal so I learned something too!

Lori Smanski said...

Thank you for another intersting/odd animal. I have never heard of this little guy. Now I need to go and research them. Have a wonderful day. Oh how is the electricity issue?

CJ Jolly said...

A Happy April FooL's Day "Thank YOU!"
&
To Joan, Nice "work!"

To ya'll... have a good/fooling around DaY!
😜

Quiltngirl said...

Yes thank you for the wonderful new animals .. Great to learn about our world.

Farm Quilter said...

Thank you for the beautiful pattern of the deer. I also dislike hunting, but in my area I suppose a quick death is better than starving to death during the winter because the population of deer is too great. I would rather just let them all graze on the hay on the farm!!

sketchrs said...

Thank you very much for the lovely Duiker pattern, Janeen. I just love them.
Ronelle