Wednesday 3 April 2019

WiP Wednesday


Hello to everyone
Glad you're joining me today

News on the electricity front - we've actually had un-interupted electricity for more than a week now....hmmm..... then I read in the newspaper that a bank in London sent Eskom (our electricity supplier) a HUGE cheque to 'help them out' -  so...... it turns out that it was a PLOY to beg for money from foreign banks.  Typical!!!! such blatant corruption!!!

Now for more bad news - the people who were renting their house have still not signed the contract - and this after we've sent the deposit to the agents etc.... The agent let us know and cancelled everything and thank heavens sent out money back to us.  Now we start all over again....

I was talking to someone at church about this and they said that it could be a 'good thing' because there could have been problems with the house, the owners, the agents further down the road and we've missed all that. So, that's what Im also going with. It was a 'way out' of a potential problem.





Now for the sewing portion of our day....

I've managed to only sew 2 letters on the second part of my mini quilt.




I changed the i on mine to have a small heart over the top.
CUTE!!

I keep having to 'pep talk' myself into doing another piece of the pattern. I should be done by the week-end, but who knows, I could be finished by the end of April by the looks of things.


Have a great day!

***********************************






3 comments:

Lori Smanski said...

Wow that is crazy about the electricity. Yup, the good Lord has ways of protecting us. Prayers

Yvonne said...

That is sad news about your new house. Thank god that you got your money back. Must be frustrating to start looking again. I wish you good luck. I hope for you that you will find a nice house soon.

Farm Quilter said...

House hunting is so difficult. Your "hunt" rather sounds like a blogger friend of mine in Australia...their bid was either not accepted or the inspection revealed major problems before they finally found one that fit. They moved in last spring (there) and 3 months later had a 100-year flood. Luckily their home was in the right place and did not actually get water flooding into the house (like some they had looked at on the search), but it made it to their doorstep! I know there is the right place out there and I hope you find it soon!