Wednesday 1 May 2019

Block of the Month - May


Hello to everyone joining me for the next Block of the Month


This month we have 2 blocks in our Amazing and Odd Animals
I've broken up the 26 blocks over 2 years which means 13 blocks a year.

For May we have the E and F blocks

The E stands for Echidna. 
The block measures 12" (31cm) which makes it really difficult to add any real details. 

These cute creatures look something like large Hedgehogs but are more 'Spiny Anteaters'. They live in Australia and New Guinnea. They are egg laying mammals......Really Odd!!






Look at these males forming a 'train'.  So unusual.
I think they're off to see the wizard...









Here's a close up. They're just the right kind of 'odd' we're looking for in this BoM.






Our block was sewn up by Joan Wintersgill. 
After I saw that even Joan had a hard time with the block, I made it a little easier by removing some of the spines off the back and removing the hill it was walking on.





F is for Flamingo


The next block needed to be something a lot easier and I decided on a Flamingo.


Although known, it still is an Odd ball animal.
I was watching a documentary and they were part of it. They are really weird birds.

The block measures 12" (31cm)











This was the block sewn up for me by Joan Wintersgill.
LOVE it!!

Thanks Joan. You are awesome!


This Flamingo was sewn up for me by Joanne Harris.

Love the background fabric!
Thanks so much!










Both blocks can be found in my New Online Shop. 
Look in the Block of the Month >> blocks category.



Have a great day!

***********************************


Please Support/Donate at Ko-Fi  ( Thanks )






6 comments:

Lisa England said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing all these fun blocks.

Janet said...

Thank you! I would never have thought of an echidna! And flamingoes are always a favorite.

CJ Jolly said...

"THANK YOU!"

These are both so NEAT!
& Ladies you did fabulous on the test/sample blocks!

CJ Jolly said...

&&&& Being "Weird" can be a GoodThing!
I know!

LOL
Just saying!

Ronelle said...

These blocks are awesome. Thank you very much, Janeen.

Vireya said...

Great blocks! Thank you.

Love echidnas. We occasionally see one wandering through our garden, and it is always a thrill.